Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Womack Lecture: FAIR Education Act

Jennifer Crow, Interim Curator at the Arne Nixon Center for the Study of Children's Literature
welcomes Dr. Robert McGarry, Shelbi Day and Lee Wind.

Three panelists presented to an engaged audience at the Henry Madden Library on Wednesday evening, May  1, 2012. Each speaker presented experienced, informative and varying perspectives regarding the  FAIR Education Act.

Shelbi Day, staff attorney in the Western Regional Office of Lambda Legal, did a great job at explaining the law behind the Act and the reasons for the Act. Her passion on the topic and willingness to translate the evolution of the law with a non - lawyer audience created understanding and awareness.

In addition, Dr. Robert McGarry, director of education for the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, was a wonderful speaker, centering his talk on the value of respecting difference..  His message reflected the impact on students when people are left out of the textbooks in describing our history.

And finally,  Dr. Lee Wind, author, speaker, and official blogger for the Society of Children’s Books Writers and Illustrators was a brilliant speaker as well.   His ability to engage with the audience, get us to interact  and bring the program around full-circle was a successful effort towards a content rich event. He brought humor, love, and pizzazz into this very serious FAIR Education Act topic.

Audience questions were welcomed and discussed. And appreciation was experienced for all speakers, who have experienced and seen such difficult and even negative events in their lives and careers but continue to approach  this serious FAIR Education Act topic with passion and a positive manner.

Thank you again to all our speakers for your contributions to an EXCELLENT lecture event!

To view more photos of this event Womack Lecture: FAIR Education Act Panel















1 comment:

Leonardo DiCaprio said...

SPECIAL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE AUTISM CURE HE
RENDER TO MY SON.
I'm giving a testimony about Dr. WILLIAMS for the great deed he have done for my family, he has
the natural cure to autism, he cured my 7 years old son from autism ,
I went through different website where I saw a testimonies about this great Dr Williams, I was like: 'Dr Williams have the autism cure why are
people still suffering from it?' I thought of it, then I contact Dr Williams, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about my son, then I sent them to him, he prepared the (CURE) and sent it to me through Courier Service and he also give me details to the Courier Office, that i will receive the medicine between 1-3 working days,after getting the medicine from the delivering company my son started using the medicine as prescribed by Dr Williams and i took my son for check-up 1 month after finishing the medicine, then the doctor confirmed that my son is now autism free, if you are suffering from autism you can also contact him on his email address: drwilliams098675@gmail.com for his help.